Found truffles!

Truffleman
I am happy to report that beside the truffle that Jane Smith found this season and the handful that Bob Lee had at the meeting, there are three other growers this year with truffles. Mary Hughes in Virginia, Kevin O'Conell in NC, and Steve Frucht also in NC. Possibly George Walker may have had some. Our dog clearly marked several spots at his orchard. However in his case we did not find any truffles. All of the trees were EFB immune filberts from our nursery, Garland Truffles. They are 6 and 7 years old, planted in high density. Previous finds have been at Bob Pasarelli's, our own orchard first in 1993, Jane Smith's first orchard, Heather Cheney(Burgundies),Bill Griner in California, Tom Leonard and Tom Michaels. In Michael's truffles have also been found on 12 year old low density oak trees. We will still be looking for truffles at several more orchards. We are finding out that one of the reasons growers aren't finding them  is because they have never looked for them.

If you are interested in having us visit your orchard to help and show you how to look for the truffles, as well as showing you how to test your soil and analyze your roots contact Gavan Garland at 828-242-4789.