Course Being Offered in Spain

jane morgan smith
This message came from Christine Fischer in Spain just a few days ago.  Some of you may want to attend.
Jane

We are now trying to finalize details for this course and we have adjusted the course in response to previous feedback  to include 2 sessions:

    Dates: May 4-8, 2015. 1 week: 3 days with plant evaluation, microscopic characteristics of 4 species of truffles combined with 2 days in the field to look at plantation establishment techniques; (Followed by a week-end of rest).
    Dates: May 11 & 12.  2 days of molecular techniques  using samples from our plants and samples from the truffle site soils.

    Transportation to and from Barcelona to be arranged for days just prior to and after course.

During the first 3 days we will have lots of time and material to work with morphology of Tuber mycorrhizae and plant quality issues.
For the molecular workshop we will do extractions and PCR with both mycorrhizae and with soil, using a Multiplex primer group to detect T. melanosporum, brumale and indicum.  A separate primer  is required for the detection of T aestivum.

We are working with the administration of our center (CTFC)  to reach a price for this course and a minimum number of participants to be able to offer the course.
As soon as I have the final costs and details prepared, I will send you all the information. We want to include hotels and mid-day meals in the pricing, so we are trying to negotiate with local businesses to get best prices.

The course will be held at the Forest Sciences Center of Catalonia in Solosna, Spain. http://www.ctfc.cat/?lang=en

The nearest large city is Barcelona and it is 1.5 hours away, but we wish to work out group transportation in order to facilitate this part of the trip for everyone. We plan to provide a pick-up from the airport and/or from the Barcelona train station on Sunday afternoon-evening, and then a simple  welcoming and orientation dinner that night in Solsona.

Please let me know your thoughts and specific needs so that we can further tailor the course as much as possible to participants' interests. It may not be possible to adjust to everyone's interests, but I will do my best.

    Full course details and daily activities will be sent with the final announcement, hopefully next week, so let me know your thoughts.

And, please do pass this information on to colleagues who would be interested!

Re: Course Being Offered in Spain

pmart
Jane - Thanks for posting. The dates have changed and we now have more detail. I will post and send along to you. It looks very good and we have huge interest. Always good to learn more.  pat

Re: Course Being Offered in Spain

pmart
Jane - I've found the updated course details. It is a real opportunity.  pat
From Christine Fischer:Expert_Truffle_Culture_Technology_CTFC_2015.pdf
Dear friends,
Thank you for all the interest and feedback regarding this special course. I have been working hard with my team here and our research center to make this an excellent course and to incorporate feedback from you.
We have had to move the dates back one week later to be able to offer both courses- back to back -in May. I apologize for having to make this change.
We can now offer 3 possible options to participate in the laboratory and field courses, with a price that includes transportation from and to Barcelona, hotel accommodation, breakfast and lunch.
Here are our dates and prices (Taxes included) for the courses.
• •       May 11-15, 2015. 1 week: 3 days with plant evaluation, microscopic characteristics of 4 species of truffles-- combined with 2 days in the field to look at plantation establishment and management principles and techniques. Cost:  1950 €
• •       May 18 & 19.  2 days of molecular techniques, working with truffle mycorrhizae and with soils. Cost: 800 €
• •       May 11-19. Combined courses with 1 weekend to rest.
 Cost: 2650€
Please see the attached announcement for all course details, with dates for transportation arrangements for each option. A simple welcoming and orientation dinner will be provided on the Sunday night of arrival in Solsona.
The courses will be held at the Forest Sciences Center of Catalonia in Solosna, Spain. http://www.ctfc.cat/?lang=en
Don´t hesitate to contact me for any questions, I am happy to help. Please DO pass on this announcement to your colleagues, to be followed by a full-blown color brochure, and for wider distribution. The course will be offered in English.
I look forward to seeing you here in Spain-- and to holding great discussions during these courses!
Best regards,
Christine

Christine R. Fischer
Dept. Non-wood Forest Products
Forest Sciences Centre of Catalonia
Ctra. Sant Llorenç de Morunys, km. 2
E-25280 Solsona
Spain
Tel: +34 609 34 1283
pmart wrote

On Jan 29, 2015 10:08 AM, "pmart [via NATGA Discussion Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Jane - I've found the updated course details. It is a real opportunity.  pat
From Christine Fischer:Expert_Truffle_Culture_Technology_CTFC_2015.pdf
[...]

Tel: <a href="tel:%2B34%20609%2034%201283" value="+34609341283" target="_blank">+34 609 34 1283
pmart wrote
Jane - Thanks for posting. The dates have changed and we now have more detail. I will post and send along to you. It looks very good and we have huge interest. Always good to learn more.  pat

http://natga-discussion-forum.1103342.n5.nabble.com/Course-Being-Offered-in-Spain-tp94p98.html
To start a new topic under NATGA Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NATGA Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML
Jane