Alert Concerning NATGA Annual Conference Feb 26-28, 2016

Alert Concerning NATGA Annual Conference Feb 26-28, 2016

Andy Cromer
Members:

NATGA has an excellent program for this year's conference.   It is focused on and built around the grower as the Executive Committee advised would be our objective for 2016-17.  Unfortunately, the only way at this time to register is by calling Caryl Talcott, NATGA's Treasurer.  Her telephone number is 276-694-4709.  Her address is 1541 Little Russell Creek Road, Stuart, VA 24171-2553.  She can be contacted also through her email: Treasurernatga@gmail.com.  She actually prefers payment by check but can/will take payment via credit card.

Also, registration for lodging must be made separately by contacting The Hawthorne Inn.  NATGA has a special block rate of $99.00 plus applicable taxes.  The deadline for this special rate is January 27, 2016.  For reservations online use http://wwwhawthorneinn.com or call toll free 800-972-3774.  The Group Code is 2608V6.  Again, the deadline for this special rate is January 27, 2016.

We apologize for the problems we are having with our website.  Unfortunately, I consider myself "an old guy" when it comes to internet stuff.  My kids may consider me an old guy when it comes to everything else but that is beside the point.  I know how to access my email and respond and even attach word documents that I draft, but that's about it.  I, as does the rest of our volunteer board, rely on an outside vendor who was chosen years ago to make updates and changes to our site.  We have run into serious access problems with the vendor and this is the source of the problems with on-line registration.  He holds the keys to the website castle when it comes to making changes to it.  I wish I had the know-how to fix it but I just don't.  We'll worry about the keys after the conference - we don't want to waste valuable and limited time over these next few weeks.  Hope you understand.

However, I do know that the program is taking shape beautifully, the speakers are in place, and it will present excellent technical and practical information for growers.  We do have control over putting together the conference program and making sure that its content is delivered to you.  We hope that you will join us in this learning experience.  Do not let the inability to register on-line through the website keep you from participating.  We, and particularly I, look forward to seeing you at the Winter Conference Feb. 26-28, 2016.  Hope you come on Friday, February 26, so you can network with others at our condo which is one block from the Inn.

Andy Cromer
andersoncromer@gmail.com
336-972-3078

Re: Alert Concerning NATGA Annual Conference Feb 26-28, 2016

Mark
Andy during the Conference there was a tool to aerate near the tree can you tell me the name of the tool.
Looked like a LARGE pitch fork?
Thanks
Mark